Sunday, August 9, 2015

The after baby wardrobe

Yesterday was filled with baby, baby, baby - I sort of feel like it was God's way of telling me not to have the third. Ok, I lied, I made that decision long before yesterday. Anyway, regardless of where you are in your pregnancy, seven months pregnant or four months postpartum, your body is not the same as it was last year, or the year before, and definitely not like it was in college (think tankini instead of bikini, right?)

I don't know a single mom who doesn't want to be that "hot mom", you know, the one we all envy. You've seen her around town, totting around her three kids, likely a set of twins and a new born, in her six-foot tall, size zero body, with her hot dad of a husband carrying the diaper bag. Here's the thing, "hot" is in the eye of the beholder. I don't know about you, but I'd rather be comfortable, yet stylish, rather than high maintenance. Though, if you asked my husband, he'd tell you I am very high maintenance. Little does he know....

So after the baby comes, you've breastfed the weight off and you still feel uncomfortable in your own skin- it is time to revisit your clothes. The low rise jeans you wore before, might not be the best choice as you chase kids around for the next few years. The button-up blouses you lived in before, no longer close- thank you boobs and expanded rib-cage. Perhaps you don't need your work pants anymore because your job location changed. You're now CEO of your home instead of middle manager in a job you hated. You can't fit into your shoes because your feet grew a whole size. You look in your closet and think to yourself, "I have nothing to wear", and for the first time in your life, it is actually true.

Does this mean you run to J. Jill and fill your closet with frumpy, shapeless clothes? Nope. Please don't. You might feel like you sixty, but you're not. Go for mid-rise jeans, tunic blouses, relaxed pants, maxi-skirts and easy dresses. Here are some of my favorite, on sale of course.

From top to bottom, all at www.barneyswarehouse.com, J Brand Diamond Pant, Barney's Tunic, Sea Brand Fish Scale Pant, AG Middi Jean





No comments:

Post a Comment