Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Stay At Home Mom Transition and Dilema

Can I tell you how many days of my life I dream of being a stay-at-home mom?  Almost everyday.  Not because I really want to stay home, in fact I love working.  But in my dreams I think about all the awesome jeans and shirt combinations I would wear day in and day out, without ever having to think about how I need to dress for work.  This got me thinking, what in the world would I do if I no longer needed work clothes.  If I never had to put on a pair of heels, a suit jacket, slacks.  What would I do with all of this stuff?!?! 

I know I would probably save it for a while, just in case I discovered that I made a bad decision.  I'd put the clothes in boxes, shove them in my child's closet and then go live my new life. After a bit, the clothes would become out of style, and the boxes would cause major anxiety as the clutter becomes too much for my OCD self. 

Does this sound like you?  I know it does, most women are this way.  But the reality is you're never going to use the stuff again.  I don't know a single person who stopped working outside the home and thought "man I miss my old life."  So instead of holding on to the past, even if it is nicely tucked away, lets get rid of it.  Let's clean out our closets, donate/resell our clothes and refresh for the new job that awaits at home.

Every time I do a closet edit a client says, "I needed someone to tell me to---" The blank is filled in with "get rid of this/ never wear it again/ donate it, etc."  We've all been there, we all know what we have is likely excessive.  It is ok to finally admit it. 

Let me help you go from this....

to this- but we'll add a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment