Saturday, October 18, 2014

Even the Most Enviable Closets Need Editing

This was the closet I walked into today. It is unbelievably beautiful. Not only is it an amazing space with storage galore, but it is full of beautiful clothes I can only aspire to have.  Lucky for me it belongs to my sister. Unfortunately, she is a size 00 and let's just say, I'm not. Anyway, before we walked in to start editing I was informed by my dear sister that she "wears all of her clothes." And then this happened.
Four bags of clothes for Goodwill

A sufficient pile of clothes for resale.

While I could only identify one item she needs to make things more complete, we identified a lot of things she is not allowed to buy ( workout clothes, sweaters in navy, grey or black, pantyhose, etc. ) This by the way made my brother-in-law extremely happy.
We took her stuff to Goodwill and then to the resale shops. $300 dollars later my sister has some additional shopping money and room in her closet to buy what she actually needs. It was a successful afternoon all around.  

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you.
    Jacksonville closet

    ReplyDelete